Friday, June 5, 2009

IDEA: An Air Message to James Turrell (i've been trying to do an air work forever)

I thought as I was researching today - that maybe flying a banner or better yet, having an air letter message for James Turrell over his home or the crater asking for a tour and thanking him might be cool. (I came across his home address but....) ANYWAY I called around (a former pilot himself) I thought perhaps I could call some airports, start talking to the pilots, see if there were any connections. I ended up getting Tom from SkyTreck - the Sedona Airport recommended him -Tom has flown over the crater and gave me a detailed account of his findings. "Interesting. East of Flagstaff, a symmetrical crater, the last one in the field, takes about an hour and a half to get there. 700 ft. to 800 ft. high, 1000 ft. across. Looks like some kind of scientific observation platform, there's some construction going on inside. I took some guys from Germany out there once." OH REALLY!!! how much - "$300." 

1 comment:

j. russell said...

i am speechless...